How Mobile Apps are Improving Students’ Experiences
Technology is one of the reasons that the world is growing this fast, it has made life easier for thousands of individuals, but during the times of COVID-19 not only it has helped people in the business sector but also the education sector. With the Covid-19 accelerating at a higher pace, all educational institutes have been shut down for a while now, to control the pandemic situation. It was also the appropriate and necessary measure for the students and the staff’s safety. But education wasn’t put on hold, as it was shifted on the virtual school model.
Online applications can be very informative; these apps have helped students in self-learning, with the help of these learning apps it is easy for the students to understand their courses properly.
Remote and virtual education has all its pros and cons for the students and institutes, but online learning applications have helped students in learning and interacting with their teachers. Students not only learn through these apps but they can also socialize with their friends and do group studies through video calls and online meetings.
The online source recommended by your school
The source or medium used online education depends on your education institute, institutes do not prefer the same application and websites, as it depends on their courses and syllabus. Also, the format of your classes and subjects is selected by your subject teachers. The teachers use online learning methods according to their flexibility. All institutes have built their online websites and renewed their software to engage students with online education.
Some of the popular online learning apps involve
- Udemy- Online Classes
- Zoom Cloud Meetings
- E-Learning App
- Coursera- Online Courses
- Google Forums
- Skillshare- Creative Classes
Features of online learning apps
The mediums through which online studies can be done involve eBooks, videos, recorded lectures, live question/answer sessions, quizzes, and viva. The main features in these apps are as follow:
- Online course catalog/ context
- Responsive design features
- Video-based material
- Online meeting rooms
- Recording options
- Push notifications
- Social media integration
- Powerful Database System
Importance of online learning apps
As a result of the research study, it has been shown that educational apps have helped students in enhancing their interest in education and has encouraged students to study well. Online education through apps is also considered an improvised and improved method of studying. The invention of this mobile app technology has attracted students by providing intuitive learning.
Benefits of mobile apps in education
With time, things are changing and evolving. There are more than 60,000 mobile applications available at the play store that students can benefit from. The invention of these apps has helped students carry all their books in just a mobile phone.
Some of the advantages of mobile phones are mentioned below,
- One of the significant benefits of studying through a mobile app is that students can easily find the answer to their queries at any time they want; they won’t have to wait to get in touch with their teachers. They can spontaneously find the answer to their question and move on to the next part of the study.
2. The other advantage is that the communication gap between institutes and teachers decreases, students can easily approach them to know about the activities and schedules of their respective schools.
3. The option to record lectures has helped students, for instance, if the power was out and you missed your class you can politely ask the teacher for the recorded lecture to which you can carefully study once the electricity is back.
4. Another benefit of apps is that parent-teacher communication has improved; the teachers can let the parents know about student’s progress through interactive ptm sessions.
5. The use of mobile apps is now considered to be a more sustainable way of learning and education. Students can download their notes and later study it offline, they don’ have to carry heavy books so all they need is an advanced mobile phone with a stable internet connection.
6. Online education is also affordable and many institutes are providing free courses to the students. Now by staying at home, you can become an expert in any field of your interest.
At the beginning, online education was considered a little difficult for people but with time, students and staff have gained a greater understanding about how it works, so now it is easy to study through online learning apps. It has been said that online study is now considered the future of education leading the world towards greater development.
~Written by Jessica Stone for NACUE